This magnificent home showcases exceptional architectural richness both inside and out as the textures of natural stone, rich woods, and beautiful finishes delight the eye at every turn.
The moment you walk into this beautiful home the grand entrance will greet you with vaulted, beamed, and wood covered ceilings, gleaming Hickory hardwood floors, and custom mountain laurel railings.
This home features multiple indoor gathering spaces, beautiful fireplaces, and large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, billiards room, gym, and indoor lap pool.
The outdoor living area offers many impressive amenities including a kitchen and dining area, screened porch, fresh water pond, stone fireplace, green house and stamped path to the boat house.
This home is energy star certified and designed for aging in place with numerous accessibility features.
* Craftsman features throughout this home include custom beamed, vaulted, and wood clad ceilings, Hickory hardwood floors, and mountain laurel railings in the entryway leading to the lower level
* Custom kitchen with knotty alder cabinets, granite countertops, sunny breakfast area, wine fridge, and professional grade stainless appliances
* Family room with vaulted beamed ceiling, stone fireplace with custom mantle, built in entertainment center, and French doors to access to the rear deck
* Large dining room with vaulted and beamed ceiling, wall of windows, gas fireplace, built in cabinets, and French doors to access to the rear deck
* Master bedroom suite with lake views, French doors to access the deck with outdoor hot tub, sitting area, tray ceiling, expansive closet, custom vanity with double sinks, custom zero threshold shower with multiple jets, heated tile floors, and private toilet room
* Guest suite with sitting area, en-suite bathroom, deck access, a built in refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen television, and bar sink
* Additional main level bedroom that is currently being used as an office
* Laundry room with built in cabinets and a butlers pantry with a second fridge
* Second floor bonus room with craft workstation, large closet with organization system, sitting area, and full bathroom. This level of the home could also be used as a studio, bedroom, or office
* Whole house audio system
* Security and camera monitoring system
* Central vacuum system
* Elevator with luxury wood paneled interior that goes to the lower level
Lower Level Features:
* Great entertainers space with main gathering room with stone fireplace, game room, kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and microwave
* Fitness enthusiasts will love the gym with cork flooring, indoor SwimEx fitness lap pool, and playroom for ping pong table
* Additional guest accommodations include a 4th bedroom, a full bathroom, and additional laundry facility
* Storage and utility available with a large finished storage area, a utility garage for lawn equipment, and a half bathroom
* Expansive Timber Tech rear deck that runs along the back of the house and includes an outdoor kitchen with sink, refrigerator, grill, and multiple seating areas to take advantage of the surroundings
* Two screened in entertainment rooms with seating areas and hot tub
* Boat house on quiet cove with space for two boats and a side dock for personal water crafts
* Stamped concrete walking path that runs from the back of the house all the way down to the dock with no steps
* Irrigation system supplied by lake water
* Custom cedar 8×10 green house has fresh water and electric
* Underside of deck has aluminum under decking to keep the water away
* Extensive energy efficient LED lighting thought the grounds
* Freshwater pond with filter and 3 water features that create a natural backdrop of sound
* Stone patio with gas fire pit for those cool evenings
* Dual water feature at the entrance of the home
* Wonderful hot tub in private screened outdoor room on the deck just off the master bedroom
Aging in Place Features:
* Extra wide door openings
* Zero threshold shower in the master bathroom
* Elevator to allow easy access from the main level to the lower level
* Winding concrete path to boat house with no steps down to the lake
Energy Star Certified Features:
* Water Furnace – Geothermal 5 zone heating and air conditioning system
* Generac Generator – supporting 30% of the home if needed (fueled by natural gas)
* Built in HEPA filtration system
* Rinnai – tankless hot-water system
* Icynene – spray foam insulation
* LED lighting indoors and outdoors
* City water, city sewer, and natural gas
* Pelican whole house water softener system
* Built in humidification and dehumidification system
Amenities of River Bend:
* The River Bend Club offers a multi-level clubhouse featuring private club and recreation area. The facilities are available for private parties and events.
* The River Bend pool is open during the spring and summer seasons for approximately five months. Members can enjoy relaxing by the pool with a book or floating around in the relaxing water.
* Peninsula Walkway
* River Bend Marina
* Lake Access
* Boat Trailer Storage
* Paved Streets with Curbing
Lake Hickory was created in 1927 with the completion of the Oxford Dam. The dam parallels the NC Highway 16 bridge over the Catawba River between I-40 and Taylorsville. It is 122 feet high, with an overall length of 1,200 feet. The spillway section of the dam is 550 feet long. (information provided by Duke)
Another great part about this home is its location. You can get to the Hickory airport, retail Hickory, or downtown Hickory in less than 15 minutes. The Charlotte Douglas Airport is less than an hour ride and Asheville is only 90 minutes away.
Call for a private showing appointment.